- Etching and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 × 13 3/8 inches (35.2 × 34 cm) and Image: 12 5/8 × 12 5/8 inches (32 × 32 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J. Mortimer."; lower center: "BANDITTI. | Publish'd as the Act directs Feb.y 1,, 1780 by J,, Mortimer Norfolk Street Strand, & J,, Boydell Cheapside."; lower right: "Etch'd by J. Haynes."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armour | bandits | criminals | gaze | genre subject | hats | highwaymen | hilts | men | swords | turbans
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.