- Etching and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 13 7/8 x 13 3/8 inches (35.2 x 34 cm) and Image (circle): 12 5/8 x 12 5/8 inches (32 x 32 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J. Mortimer."; lower center: "BANDITTI. | Publish'd as the Act directs Feb.y 1,, 1780 by J,, Mortimer Norfolk Street Strand, & J,, Boydell Cheapside."; lower right: "Etch'd by J. Haynes."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armour | bandits | criminals | gaze | genre subject | hats | highwaymen | hilts | men | swords | turbans
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.