Joseph Warton, D.D. Master of Winchester College
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 24 × 17 1/4 inches (61 × 43.8 cm), Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 14 5/8 × 10 15/16 inches (37.1 × 27.8 cm), and Image: 13 1/2 × 10 15/16 inches (34.3 × 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: [...]1817"
Watermark: J Whatman | 1842
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.R.Smith."; lettered, lower center: "JOSEPH WARTON, D.D. | Master of Winchester College."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Warton, Joseph (bap. 1722, d. 1800), poet and literary critic
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Joseph Warton, D.D. Master of Winchester College, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.