- King William the Conquerer
- Engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slighlty textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 24 × 17 1/4 inches (61 × 43.8 cm), Sheet: 11 7/16 × 7 1/2 inches (29.1 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 11 × 7 3/16 inches (27.9 × 18.3 cm)
Watermark: "J Whatman | 1842"
Lettered, upper center: "K. WILLIAM Ye CONQUEROR"; lettered, lower right: "del. et Sculpt. G. Vertue."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, King William the Conquerer, 1745
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.