Lady Mary Dudley
- Watercolor and gouache on moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 6 inches (26.4 × 15.2 cm) and Frame: 16 7/8 × 12 1/8 × 3/4 inches (42.9 × 30.8 × 1.9 cm)
Inscribed in gouache center right:"GP Harding fecit". Inscription on label on back of frame reads: "Title: 'Lady Mary Dudley'| - wife of Sir Henry Sidney - | from the original in the collection | Of the earl of Egremond- | Cleaned and Restored May . 1961 | By: | William Turner, U.A., R.G.I.,FI.A.L | Member of THE UNITED SOCIETY, LONDON | THE ROYAL GLASGOW INSTITUTE | - Fellow, International Institute of Arts & Letters - | Exhibitor - | The Royal Academy | Royal Society of British Artists | United Society of Artists | New Burlington Society - London | Royal Scottish Academy - Edinburgh | Paris Salon - France | Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts | OIL PAINTINGS CLEANED AND RESTORED "
Signed in gouache, center right: "GP Harding, fecitl". Not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Kenneth D. Rapoport, MD
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gown | lady | portrait | sceptre
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Perfect Harding, 1780–1853, British, Lady Mary Dudley, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.