IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Horace Hone, 1756–1825, British, Gentleman in a Blue Coat, 1781
Gentleman in a Blue Coat
- Watercolor on ivory
- Frame: 2 1/4 x 1 5/8 x 1/2 inches (5.7 x 4.1 x 1.3 cm), Image: 1 7/8 x 1 1/2 inches (4.8 x 3.8 cm)
Signed in brown watercolor, lower right: "HH 1781"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Kenneth D. Rapoport, MD
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | cravat | gentleman | man | nobility | portrait | ruffle | wig
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.