Reverend. Shute Barrington L.L.D.
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 19 3/4 × 13 13/16 inches (50.2 × 35.1 cm) and Image: 17 13/16 × 13 13/16 inches (45.2 × 35.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.1.P.32"
Lettered, lower left: Painted by W.Owen Esqr. R.A. Portrait Painter to H.R.H. the Prince Regent."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W. Say Engraver to H.R.H. the Duke of Gloucester."; lettered, lower center: THE HONBLE. & RIGHT REVEREND SHUTE BARRINGTON L.L.D. | L. Bishop of Durham. | London Published July 20th 1812 by the Engraver No.92 Norton Street Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | curtains | man | mortarboard | portrait | religious and mythological subject | reverend | tippet
- Associated People:
- Barrington, Shute (1734-1826), Bishop
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Say, 1768–1834, British, Reverend. Shute Barrington L.L.D, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.