- View of Bloomsbury Square
- Aquatint and stipple on smooth, medium, white wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/4 × 22 1/2 inches (43.8 × 57.2 cm) and Image: 14 5/8 × 21 inches (37.1 × 53.3 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "To his GRACE FRANCIS, DUKE OF BEDFORD, MARQUIS OF TAVISTOCK &c. &c. | THIS VIEW OF BLOOMSBURY SQUARE | Is with the greatest respect inscribed by his Graces obedient & obliged Servants"; lower left: "Drawn by E. Dayes"; lower right: "Engraved by R. Pollard & F. Jukes"; lower right: "Rob't Pollard & Fra.s Jukes"; lower center: "London Pub.d Dec.r 1 1787 by R. Pollard Braynes Row, Spa Fields, & F. Jukes, Howland Street"; lower left: "[...] Rt [?]ew with an Instrument"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Pollard, 1755–1838, British, View of Bloomsbury Square, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.