Annabella, Lady Blake, as Juno, Receiving the Cestus from Venus
- Additional Title(s):
Lady Annabella, Boscawen
Miss Annabella Bunbury
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 25 1/8 × 16 7/8 inches (63.8 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 24 3/8 × 15 15/16 inches (61.9 × 40.5 cm), and Image: 24 1/4 × 15 15/16 inches (61.6 × 40.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol. P.42"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinxt."; letered, lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament Febry 11.1771, by J.Dixon in Kempbs Row near Chelsea Bridge and Sold by A.Dury in Dukes Court St. Martins Lane"; lettered, lower right: "J.Dixon Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beads | braid | cestus | cloud | curls | dove | nude | offering | peacock (bird) | portrait | religious and mythological subject | robe | sandal | Venus lending her girdle | water
- Associated People:
Boscawen, Lady Annabella (1745-1841), British socialite
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Nixon, ca. 1760–1818, British, Annabella, Lady Blake, as Juno, Receiving the Cestus from Venus, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.