Hugh Boulter, Archbishop of Armagh
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 10 1/4 inches (36.8 × 26 cm), Plate: 13 3/4 × 9 11/16 inches (34.9 × 24.6 cm), and Image: 12 1/8 × 9 11/16 inches (30.8 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol. 1 P.46"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Hugh Boulter."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: Hugh Boulter obt 1742"
Lettered, lower left: "Mat: Ashton Pinx:"; lettered, lower right: "Th: Beard Fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Reverendiss Dom Hugo Archiepiscopus armachanus Tolius | Hibernia Primas & Metropolitanus Unus e primarys ejusdem | regni Justitianys Anno Dom: 1728."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archbishop | bands | books | bookshelf | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet
- Associated People:
- Boulter, Hugh (1672-1742), archbishop
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Beard, op. 1728?, Hugh Boulter, Archbishop of Armagh, 1728
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.