Hugh Boulter, Archbishop of Armagh
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 10 1/4 inches (36.8 × 26 cm), Plate: 13 3/4 × 9 11/16 inches (34.9 × 24.6 cm), and Image: 12 1/8 × 9 11/16 inches (30.8 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol. 1 P.46"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Hugh Boulter."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: Hugh Boulter obt 1742"
Lettered, lower left: "Mat: Ashton Pinx:"; lettered, lower right: "Th: Beard Fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Reverendiss Dom Hugo Archiepiscopus armachanus Tolius | Hibernia Primas & Metropolitanus Unus e primarys ejusdem | regni Justitianys Anno Dom: 1728."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archbishop | bands | books | bookshelf | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | tippet
- Associated People:
- Boulter, Hugh (1672-1742), archbishop
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Beard, op. 1728?, Hugh Boulter, Archbishop of Armagh, 1728
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.