IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
circle of Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), A Scene from Roman History, undated
A Scene from Roman History
- Gray wash, black ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/16 x 8 15/16 inches (33.2 x 22.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "R2959A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Anne W. and David T. Mininberg, Yale BA 1957
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- helmet | historical subject | men | robe | Roman | shield | sword | warriors
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.