The Capitol, Rome
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 8 1/2 x 12 3/16 inches (21.6 x 31 cm), 4 3/16 x 9 5/16 inches (10.7 x 23.6 cm), and 4 1/8 x 9 3/16 inches (10.4 x 23.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left under image: "2state trial proof."; lower left: "36320 MK | Capitol, Rome C D 44 2nd State, unique."; lower right: "CD/ [...] | SE 4294"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "AUSTIN"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Robert Austin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | buildings | city | cityscape | hill | landscape | posts | river | roofs | scaffolding | spires | steeple | tower (building division) | trees | tunnel | wall | windows
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Rome | Tiber
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, The Capitol, Rome, 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.