- Charles I
- between 1683 and 1687
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 9/16 × 10 1/16 inches (34.4 × 25.6 cm) and Image: 11 1/16 × 9 inches (28.1 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "eht"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "tres belle Ep--"
Lettered lower center: "Carolus D. G. Ang : Sco : Fra : et Hib Rex"; lower left: "A van Dyke pinx ; J Beckett fe :"; lower right: "Sold by J. Smith at the Lyon & Crown in Russell Street Covent Garden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | costume | goatee | jewelry | king (person) | man | moustache | oval | pendant | portrait | royalty
- Associated People:
- Charles I (1600–1649), king of England, Scotland, and Ireland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Beckett, 1652/3–1719, British, Charles I, between 1683 and 1687
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.