- Additional Title(s):
Carolus D G Ang Sco Fra et Hib Rex
- between 1683 and 1687
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 13 9/16 × 10 1/16 inches (34.4 × 25.6 cm) and Image (oval shape): 11 1/16 × 9 inches (28.1 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "eht"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "tres belle Ep--"
Lettered lower center: "Carolus D. G. Ang : Sco : Fra : et Hib Rex"; lower left: "A van Dyke pinx ; J Beckett fe :"; lower right: "Sold by J. Smith at the Lyon & Crown in Russell Street Covent Garden"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | costume | goatee | jewelry | king (person) | man | moustache | oval | pendant | portrait | royalty
- Associated People:
- Charles I (1600–1649), king of England, Scotland, and Ireland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Beckett, 1652/3–1719, British, Charles I, between 1683 and 1687
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.