- A Spanish Good Friday
- Drypoint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 20 1/16 x 13 inches (51 x 33 cm) and Plate: 12 11/16 x 8 1/16 inches (32.2 x 20.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "xxix"; lower center: "a Spanish Good Friday | m1856[...] (crossed out)"; lower right: "6858"; on back, lower left: "19 (encircled)"; on back, lower right: "N"
signed and dated in plate, lower left: "Bone | 1925 (9 and 2 written backwards)"; signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balcony | capes (clothing) | children | Christianity | city | cityscape | clouds | costume | crowd | crucifix | dark | death | doors | figures | genre subject | Good Friday | hats | hoods | men | meteorology | night | Passion of Christ | people | procession | religious and mythological subject | religious holiday | religious symbolism | science | shadows | silhouettes | storm | walking | watching | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Andalusia | Europe | Malaga | Ronda | Spain
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, A Spanish Good Friday, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.