IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, A Spanish Good Friday, 1925
A Spanish Good Friday
- Additional Title(s):
A Spanish Good Friday, Ronda
- Drypoint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 20 1/16 x 13 inches (51 x 33 cm), Plate: 12 11/16 x 8 1/16 inches (32.2 x 20.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "xxix"; lower center: "a Spanish Good Friday | m1856[...] (crossed out)"; lower right: "6858"; on back, lower left: "19 (encircled)"; on back, lower right: "N"
Lettered inside image, lower left: "Bone | 1925"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balcony | capes (clothing) | children | Christianity | city | cityscape | clouds | costume | crowd | crucifix | dark | death | doors | figures | genre subject | Good Friday | hats | hoods | men | meteorology | night | Passion of Christ | people | procession | religious and mythological subject | religious holiday | religious symbolism | science | shadows | silhouettes | storm | walking | watching | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Andalusia | Europe | Malaga | Ronda | Spain
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
The Virgin Mary
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.