IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Westminster Abbey, Hospital &c, 1842
Westminster Abbey, Hospital &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Westminster Abbey, Hospital, etc.
- Part Of:
- Lithograph with tint on thick, slightly textured, cream card
- Sheet: 14 7/8 x 21 11/16 inches (37.8 x 55.1 cm), Image: 12 3/4 x 17 7/16 inches (32.4 x 44.3 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "T. S. BOYS DEL ET LITH."; within image, lower right: "WESTMINSTER ABBEY, HOSPITAL &c."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | buildings | carriages | cathedral | children | church | city | cityscape | clocks | coats | costume | crowd | dresses | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | hospital | lanterns (lighting devices) | men | palace | road | scholars | science | sidewalk | square | stairs | steeples | street | street lamps | top hats | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | Palace of Westminster | St. Margaret's, Westminster | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey | Westminster Hall | Westminster Hospital
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.