- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 17 1/2 x 11 5/8 inches (44.4 x 29.5 cm) and 13 7/8 x 9 15/16 inches (35.3 x 25.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "10/75 | 174 (written upside down)"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "Man Overboard"; within image, lower right: "A. Briscoe/26"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | boat | chains | crew | deck | falling overboard | futtock shrouds | genre subject | marine art | masts | masts | men | pulling | rescue | ropes | rowboat | sails | sea | seamen | ship
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Man Overboard, 1926
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.