- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/2 x 11 5/8 inches (44.4 x 29.5 cm) and Plate (to image): 13 7/8 x 9 15/16 inches (35.3 x 25.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "10/75 | 174 (written upside down)"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "Man Overboard"; within image, lower right: "A. Briscoe/26"
signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | boat | chains | genre subject | marine art | masts | masts | men | ropes | rowboat | sails | sea | seamen | ship
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Man Overboard, 1926
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.