- The Wheel
- Etching and drypoint on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 16 11/16 inches (28.7 x 42.4 cm) and Plate: 8 7/8 x 13 15/16 inches (22.6 x 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "64/75"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "A Briscoe/27"
signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | captain | crew | genre subject | labor | marine art | men | meteorology | pilot | science | sea | seamen | ship | steering | steering wheel | storm | waves (natural events) | wheel | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, The Wheel, 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.