Securing the Boats
- Additional Title(s):
Securing the Boats Lat. 45. S.
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 11/16 x 10 7/16 inches (42.4 x 26.5 cm) and Plate (to image): 14 x 8 7/8 inches (35.5 x 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "46/75."
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "Securing the Boats Lat. 45. S."; within image, lower right: "A. Briscoe/28"
signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | chains | crew | equipment | futtock shrouds | genre subject | lifeboats | marine art | men | meteorology | ropes | sailboats | sails | science | seamen | ship | storm | tools | waves (natural events) | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Securing the Boats, 1928
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.