In the Tropics
- Etching and drypoint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 x 10 15/16 inches (40.9 x 27.8 cm) and Plate (to image): 14 x 8 15/16 inches (35.5 x 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "31/25"; in graphite, lower right: "B. W. 62- GWD"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "A Briscoe/28 | In the Tropics"
signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | boxes (containers) | cargo | chains | crew | deck | futtock shrouds | games | genre subject | lifeboats | marine art | masts | men | meteorology | pulleys | ropes | sails | science | sea | seamen | ship | tropics
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, In the Tropics, 1928
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.