At the Tiller
- Etching and drypoint on medium, moderately textured, light blue laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 14 3/4 inches (24.5 x 37.4 cm) and Plate (to image): 8 7/16 x 13 7/8 inches (21.5 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "14/95"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "23456"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower center: "At the Tiller A Briscoe/29"
signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge (flat-bottomed watercraft) | boat | cap (headgear) | captain | chains | genre subject | hat | man | marine art | masts | pipe (smoking equipment) | ropes | sails | sea | seagulls | seaman | shirt | smoking (activity) | trousers | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, At the Tiller, 1929
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.