- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 17 inches (29.9 x 43.2 cm) and Plate: 9 15/16 x 16 inches (25.3 x 40.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "33/75"; in graphite, lower center: "Aloft."; additional illegible inscriptions in graphite, lower center and lower right, partially cropped off sheet
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "Aloft A. Briscoe/29"
signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | caps (headgear) | chains | crew | futtock shrouds | genre subject | hats | labor | marine art | masts | men | pulleys | ropes | sails | seamen | ship | trousers | workers | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Aloft, 1929
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.