IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Aloft, 1929
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 17 inches (29.9 x 43.2 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 16 inches (25.3 x 40.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "33/75"; in graphite, lower center: "Aloft."; additional illegible inscriptions in graphite, lower center and lower right, partially cropped off sheet
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "Aloft A. Briscoe/29"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | caps (headgear) | chains | crew | futtock shrouds | genre subject | hats | labor | marine art | masts | men | pulleys | ropes | sails | seamen | ship | trousers | workers | working
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.