- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, moderately textured, light green laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 15 9/16 inches (25.9 x 39.6 cm) and Plate: 8 3/8 x 13 7/8 inches (21.2 x 35.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "P. 188"; upper right: "a,B"; in brown ink, lower left: "a . B . 2"; in graphite, lower left: "#17421"; in graphite, lower center: "Supplement No,, 188. Command. (3rd,, Plate)"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower center: "COMMAND A Briscoe/37"
signed in brown ink, lower right: "Arthur Briscoe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caps (headgear) | chains | coats | crew | deck | futtock shrouds | genre subject | hats | marine art | masts | men | meteorology | pulleys | railings | ropes | science | sea | seamen | ship | stairs | steering | steering wheel | storm | waves (natural events) | wheel
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Arthur John Reginald Trevor Briscoe, 1873–1943, British, Command, 1937
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.