- Etching, stipple engraving, and drypoint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 17 x 10 13/16 inches (43.2 x 27.5 cm) and Plate: 8 7/8 x 10 15/16 inches (22.6 x 27.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "LIIV. | IVI<.37392."; in brown ink, lower left, written upside down: "136"
collector's stamp of Yale University Gallery of Fine Arts, in brown ink, on back, lower left, in box: "YALE UNI | VERSITY | GALLERY | OF FINE | ARTS"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left, reversed: "1942-"; within image, lower center, reversed: "Brockhurst"
signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "G·L· Brockhurst. 1942."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of the Associates in Fine Arts
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | girl | hands | interior | model | portrait | pose | shadow | woman
- Associated People:
- Ophelia (character in Hamlet)
Brockhurst, Dorette (born c. 1912)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Gerald Leslie Brockhurst, 1890–1978, British, Ophelia, 1942
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.