- Etching, stipple engraving, and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 x 10 3/16 inches (35.3 x 25.8 cm) and Plate (to image): 10 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (26.7 x 19.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "James McBey."; lower right, reversed: "G·L·Brockhurst, 1931-"
signed in graphite, lower right: "G·L· Brockhurst,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bow tie | coat | interior | man | portrait | shadow | shirt | suede | velvet | zipper
- Associated People:
- McBey, James (1883–1959), etcher and painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Gerald Leslie Brockhurst, 1890–1978, British, James McBey, 1931
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.