- Etching, stipple engraving, and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- 16 7/16 x 10 1/4 inches (41.7 x 26 cm) and 9 3/8 x 5 1/2 inches (23.8 x 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left "The Dancer"; lower center: "(w · 52. Pubd State | 107proof; 1925); lower right: "S,19321"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left, reversed: "G·L· Brockhurst, | 1925"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "G·L· Brockhurst."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ballet | ballet dancer | ballet dress | costume | dancer | interior | light | model | pointe shoes | portrait | pose | shadow | tutu | woman
- Associated People:
- Folin, Anaïs
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Gerald Leslie Brockhurst, 1890–1978, British, The Dancer, 1925
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.