Auld Brig, Ayr
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Plate: 9 15/16 x 13 7/8 inches (25.3 x 35.3 cm), Sheet: 12 3/4 x 16 1/8 inches (32.4 x 41 cm), and Image: 9 7/16 x 13 7/8 inches (24 x 35.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: ""Auld Brig, Ayr""
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "RBryden (R written backwards), 1904"
signed in graphite, lower right: "-Bryden-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | boys | bridge (built work) | buildings | caps (headgear) | children | cityscape | coats | genre subject | hats | infant | men | mother | parasol | river | road | staff (walking stick) | stores | street | town | toys (recreational artifacts) | trousers | village | walking | wall | women
- Associated Places:
- Auld Brig | Ayr | Ayr | Scotland | South Ayrshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Bryden, 1865–1939, British, Auld Brig, Ayr, 1904
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.