- Study for "Lamia"
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 x 7 1/4 inches (17.8 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite center right: "Miss Muriel Foster | Buxton | <Buckstone> Roe | Chingford"; in graphite lower center: "Ex Collection Mrs. J.W.Waterhouse | Bot Christie's 23.7.1926. No.8 | 6. | IasNicoll"; in graphite lower right: "D4425 L 8. 10. 0"; inscribed on back in graphite upper center: "Inscribed on front | of drawing | miss muriel Foster | Buxton Road | Chingford | Iasnicoll"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Elizabeth S. Tower
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- face | figure study | profile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John William Waterhouse, 1849–1917, British, Study for "Lamia", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.