- Drypoint on medium, slightly textured, greened white laid paper
- 12 3/16 x 9 1/16 inches (30.9 x 23 cm) and 6 13/16 x 4 15/16 inches (17.3 x 12.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "51· 90."; in graphite, lower center: "The Return"; lower right: "36-"
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | balconies | buildings | costume | dogs (animals) | door | genre subject | hijabs | horses (animals) | Islamic | Islamic architecture | keffiyehs | men | procession | shadow | street | turbans | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Middle East
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, The Return, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.