- Drypoint on medium, slightly textured, greened white laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 9 1/16 inches (30.9 x 23 cm) and Plate (to image): 6 13/16 x 4 15/16 inches (17.3 x 12.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "51· 90."; in graphite, lower center: "The Return"; lower right: "36-"
signed in brown ink, lower right: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | balconies | buildings | costume | dogs (animals) | door | genre subject | hijabs | horses (animals) | Islamic | Islamic architecture | keffiyehs | men | procession | shadow | street | turbans | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Middle East
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, The Return, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.