- A Tigris Night
- Drypoint on medium, slightly textured, light blue-green laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/16 x 18 1/16 inches (36.3 x 45.8 cm) and Plate: 9 7/8 x 14 7/8 inches (25.1 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "23. 90."; in graphite, lower left: "A Tigris night EZRA'S TOMB."; in graphite, on back, lower left: "2[...]6 3600"; in red ink, on back, lower left: "'33-72-1814"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left, in monogram: "CW" within larger C
signed in black ink, lower center: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | buildings | dome | evening | figure | Islamic (Muslim) | landscape | minaret | monument | night | palm trees | religious building | river | shore (landform) | smoke | steam | steamboat | tomb | trees | wall
- Associated Places:
- Al-Uzair | Asia | Ezra's Tomb | Iraq | Maysan | Mesopotamia | Middle East | Qal‘at Salih | Tigris
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, A Tigris Night, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.