A Persian Bazaar
- Additional Title(s):
- Drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- 15 5/16 x 20 inches (38.9 x 50.8 cm) and 9 13/16 x 14 3/4 inches (25 x 37.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "67· 90."; in graphite, lower right: "A Persian Bazaar"; on back, lower left: "23545 4800"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right, in monogram: "CW" within larger C
Signed in brown ink, lower center: "Charles W Cain"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | bazaar | business | children | cloth | columns (architectural elements) | costume | crowd | donkeys | fezes | food | fruits | genre subject | hats | Islamic architecture | market (event) | men | merchants | Persian | pillars | pool | shawls | trade | turbans | vases | women
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Iran | Middle East
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles William Cain, 1893–1962, British, A Persian Bazaar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.