- The Monument in Westminster Abbey of King Henry V
- between 1699-1756
- Engraving on medium smooth laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 9 inches (36.8 x 22.9 cm) and Image: 14 7/8 x 8 5/8 inches (37.8 x 21.8 cm)
Inscribed center left in frame: "Gravelot del."; Inscribed center right in frame: "G. Vertue Sculp."; lower center in cartouche: "The Chappel of King HENRY V. | in Westminster Abbey."
Lettered lower center: "The Monument in Westminster Abbey of K. Henry V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | historical subject | monument | sculpture | tomb | tracery
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, The Monument in Westminster Abbey of King Henry V, between 1699-1756
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.