- Elizabeth, Countess Grosvenor
- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 18 3/8 x 15 3/16 inches (46.7 x 38.6 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 10 7/8 inches (35.4 x 27.7 cm), Sheet: 13 3/8 x 10 1/2 inches (34 x 26.6 cm), and Image: 9 7/16 x 7 15/16 inches (24 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Lady Grosvenor"; lower center: "- Lady Grosvenor -"; lower right: "13"; on back, upper center: "13"; on back, center right, written sideways: "5052 | H-1-"; on back, lower right: "6a"
Lettered in black ink, on chine collé, lower center: "Engraved by Samuel Cousins from the Original Picture by Sir Thomas Lawrence. | London Published June 20th. 1833, by Colnaghi Senr. Dominic Colnaghi & Co. Printsellers to their Majesties & the Royal Family, PALL MALL EAST."; on chine collé, lower right: PROOF"
signed in graphite, on chine collé, lower right: "Saml. Cousins."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Bequest of Frank Altschul, Yale BA 1908, Yale PhD (HON.) 1967
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- broach | costume | countess | curls | frills | gown | jewel | jewelry | nobility | portrait | ruffle | satin | woman
- Associated People:
- Leveson-Gower, Elizabeth Mary, Marchioness of Westminster (1797–1891)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Cousins, 1801–1887, British, Elizabeth, Countess Grosvenor, 1883
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.