- Additional Title(s):
Vera Effigies Prudentissimæ Principis Elizabethæ Angliæ Franciæ et Hibe: Reginæ. Etc.
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 7 3/8 x 5 3/16 inches (18.8 x 13.2 cm) and Image: 5 9/16 x 4 9/16 inches (14.1 x 11.6 cm)
Illegible paragraph inscribed in light orange-brown ink, entire back side of sheet; in brown ink, on back, lower left: "ax"
Lettered in black ink, within oval surrounding portrait: "VERA EFFIGIES PRUDENTISSIMÆ PRINCIPIS ELIZABETHÆ ANGILÆ FRANCIÆ ET HIBE : REGINÆ . ETc."; lower left: "Francisco | Delaram | Sculp:"; lower center: nine lines of description, beginning "Hauinge reformed Religion, established Peace, reduced Coyne to ye iuste value"; lower right: "Are to be Sould | by Io. Sudbury | & Ge: Humble."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brocade | coat of arms | costume | crest | cuffs | dragon | earrings | embroidery | fleur-de-lis | gown | jewelry | jewels | lace | lion | monarch | necklace | nobility | orb | ornament | ornamentation | oval | pearls | portrait | queen (person) | reticella | ribbon | ruff | scepter | woman
- Associated People:
- Elizabeth I (1533-1603), queen of England and Ireland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Delaram, c.1590–1627, British, Elizabeth I, 1618
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.