Oasis at Daybreak
- Additional Title(s):
- between 1911 and 1930
- Drypoint and etching on medium, smooth, beige parchment
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 19 1/8 inches (30.2 x 48.6 cm) and Plate: 7 3/16 x 15 5/8 inches (18.3 x 39.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Oasis"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "E. J. Detmold"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | cacti | camels (mammals) | cargo | cattle | cloaks | coconuts | costume | desert | genre subject | landscape | men | morning | nomads | palm trees | pastoral | staffs (walking sticks) | sunlight | transportation | travel | walking
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Julius Detmold, 1883–1957, British, Oasis at Daybreak, between 1911 and 1930
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.