The Garden Door
- Drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 11/16 x 10 3/8 inches (39.9 x 26.4 cm) and Plate (to image): 13 15/16 x 7 15/16 inches (35.4 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "a45842"; on back, lower center: "L4051"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "Dodd 1909"
signed in graphite, lower right: "Francis Dodd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | costume | doors | garden | gloves | gown | hat | interior | light | portrait | shadow | trees | woman
- Associated People:
- Dacre, Susan Isabel (1844–1933), painter and draftsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francis Dodd, 1874–1949, British, The Garden Door, 1909
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.