The Rev. William Mason, M. A.
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 19 3/16 x 14 3/4 inches (48.8 x 37.4 cm), 17 7/8 x 12 15/16 inches (45.4 x 32.9 cm), and 15 1/2 x 12 15/16 inches (39.4 x 32.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "15 x 19 1/2"; on back, lower right: "2 - 2311 - 23/c | 28d"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "The Revd,, Willm,, Mason M. A. | London, Published as the Act directs November 25th; 1779 by William Doughty No. 31 Charlotte Street, Portland Chapel."; lower right: "Engraved by Willm. Doughty."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Frank Altschul, Yale BA 1908, Yale PhD (HON.) 1967
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | man | papers (document genres) | portrait | reverend | scroll (information artifact) | waistcoat | wig
- Associated People:
- Mason, William (1725–1797), religious official, poet and garden designer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Doughty, 1757–1782, British, The Rev. William Mason, M. A, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.