- between 1895 and 1923
- Mezzotint in colored ink on very thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Sheet: 13 1/4 x 9 3/16 inches (33.7 x 23.4 cm), Plate: 13 1/16 x 9 inches (33.2 x 22.8 cm), and Image: 10 9/16 x 6 1/2 inches (26.9 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, in artist's hand, lower center to lower right: "Engraved, + published(?) [...]"; on back, lower left: "File 3rd cat., in | box "after Leonardo da Vinci""; on back, lower right: "British | Edwards, Samuel Arlent | Beatrice d'Este, after | Leonardo da Vinci"
Lettered within image, lower left: "LEONARDO | DA VINCI"; in black ink, lower right: "S Arlent-Edwards Sc Williamsbridge N. Y."
signed in graphite, lower right: "S. Arlent Edwards"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mrs. Lyall Dean, Mrs. Borden Helmer, and the Estate of Bliss Reed Crocker in memory of Mr and Mrs. Edward Bliss Reed, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | gown | headpieces | jewels | pearls | portrait | profile (figure) | Renaissance | ribbons | woman
- Associated People:
- d'Este, Beatrice (1475–1497), duchess of Bari and later of Milan
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Arlent Edwards, 1861–1938, British, active in the United States (1890–1910), Beatrice d'Este, between 1895 and 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.