IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Samuel Arlent Edwards, 1861–1938, British, active in the United States (1890–1910), Profile Portrait of a Renaissance Maiden, 1905
Profile Portrait of a Renaissance Maiden
- Mezzotint in colored ink on very thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Sheet: 13 1/4 x 9 1/4 inches (33.6 x 23.5 cm), Plate: 13 x 8 15/16 inches (33 x 22.7 cm), Image: 10 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches (26.6 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, in artist's hand, lower center to lower right: "Engraved, + published(?) [...]"; on back, lower left: "File 3rd cat. in box | "after Leonardo da Vinci"; on back, lower right: "British | Edwards, Samuel Arlent | Profile Picture of | Renaissance Maiden, | after Leonardo da Vinci"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Copyrighted 1905 by S. Arlent Edwards"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "S. Arlent Edwards"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Estate of Bliss Reed Crocker in memory of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Bliss Reed, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brocade | bust | costume | gown | hairpiece | portrait | profile (figure) | Renaissance
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.