IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Jerusalem, Plate 15, "And Hand & Hyle....", 1804 to 1820
Jerusalem, Plate 15, "And Hand & Hyle...."
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Jerusalem: The Emanation of The Giant Albion, Bentley Copy E
- 1804 to 1820
- Relief etching printed in orange with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 10 3/8 inches (34.3 x 26.4 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 6 inches (21.3 x 15.2 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | branches | grass | hill | literary theme | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | roots | sky | spires | text | vines
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Critique of Reason : Romantic Art, 1760–1860 (Yale University Art Gallery, 2015-03-06 - 2015-07-26) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake (Tate Britain, 2000-11-02 - 2001-02-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Human Form Divine - William Blake from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1997-04-02 - 1997-07-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.