His Royal Highness Frederick, Prince of Wales
- after 1730
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 x 10 inches (35.7 x 25.4 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 9 13/16 inches (35.4 x 25 cm), and Image: 12 3/8 x 9 13/16 inches (31.5 x 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right: "-3"; in brown ink, on back, lower left: "/wx"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "I. Davison pinx. 1730."; lower center: "His Royal Highness Frederick Prince of Wales. &c."; lower right: "I. Faber Fecit | Sold by I. Faber at the Green Door in Craven Buildings Drury Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | cape | chain | costume | cravat | crown | ermine | fur | gesture | hilt | lace | livery collar | man | pilaster | portrait | prince | relief | robe | royalty | sword | tassels | wig
- Associated People:
- Frederick Lewis, prince of Wales (1707–1751)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Joanna Marschner, Enlightened Princesses : Caroline, Augusta, Charlotte, and the Shaping of the Modern World, Yale University Press, New Haven, Conn, 2017, p. 250, fig. 13.25, NX543 +.E55 2017 Oversize (YCBA)