- William Drummond of Hawthornden
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 x 11 1/4 inches (39 x 28.6 cm), Plate: 14 15/16 x 10 13/16 inches (38 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 13 x 10 13/16 inches (33 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Wm Drummond of Hawthorndon | Scotch Poet"
Lettered, lower right: "Proof JF"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Hay Whitney, Yale BA 1926, Yale MA (HON.) 1956, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | embroidery | gaze | historian | lace | poet | portrait | posing | reticella | smiling | thoughtful | vest
- Associated People:
- Drummond, William (1585-1649), historian and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Finlayson, 1730–1776, British, William Drummond of Hawthornden, 1766
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.