- Founders Tomb, Winchester
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 7/8 x 14 15/16 inches (55.6 x 38 cm), Plate: 17 1/2 x 11 13/16 inches (44.5 x 30 cm), and Image: 17 1/2 x 11 13/16 inches (44.5 x 30 cm)
Inscribed in orange crayon and graphite, lower left: "7056"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Founders Tomb Winchester"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "Hedley Fitton"
Signed in graphite, lower right: Hedley Fitton (underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | arches | architectural subject | bonnets | capes | carving | cathedral | chairs | cherubs | dresses | friends | genre subject | gesturing | hats | nave | priests | robes | sculpture | shadows | sitting | stained glass | statues | sunlight | talking | tiles | tomb | walking | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | United Kingdom | Winchester | Winchester Cathedral
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hedley Fitton, 1859–1929, British, Founders Tomb, Winchester, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.