Founders Tomb, Winchester
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 7/8 x 14 15/16 inches (55.6 x 38 cm), Plate: 17 1/2 x 11 13/16 inches (44.5 x 30 cm), and Image: 17 1/2 x 11 13/16 inches (44.5 x 30 cm)
Inscribed in orange crayon and graphite, lower left: "7056"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Founders Tomb Winchester"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "Hedley Fitton"
Signed in graphite, lower right: Hedley Fitton (underlined); not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | arches | architectural subject | bonnets | capes | carving | cathedral | chairs | cherubs | dresses | friends | genre subject | gesturing | hats | nave | priests | robes | sculpture | shadows | sitting | stained glass | statues | sunlight | talking | tiles | tomb | walking | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | United Kingdom | Winchester | Winchester Cathedral
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hedley Fitton, 1859–1929, British, Founders Tomb, Winchester, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.