Via dei Girolami, Florence
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 16 3/4 inches (36.9 x 42.5 cm), Plate: 10 15/16 x 12 13/16 inches (27.8 x 32.6 cm), and Image: 10 15/16 x 12 13/16 inches (27.8 x 32.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "No 7088"; lower center: "13 x 15"; lower right: "Via dei Girolami,"
Lettered, faint, lower left inside image: "Hadley Fitton 91 Florence"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Hedley Fitton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The Walter R. Callender, Yale BA 1894, Memorial Collection, Gift of Ivy Lee Callender, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | carts | flowers (plants) | genre subject | grates | lampposts | markets | men | monks | priests | robe | selling | shadows | signs | street | sunlight | vendors | walking | women | wrought iron
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Florence | Italy | Toscana
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hedley Fitton, 1859–1929, British, Via dei Girolami, Florence, 1891
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.