- Villa d'Este: Evening
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/2 x 10 13/16 inches (44.5 x 27.4 cm), Plate: 11 13/16 x 7 11/16 inches (30 x 19.6 cm), and Image: 11 13/16 x 7 11/16 inches (30 x 19.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Villa D'Este, Evening (2)"; lower right: "AD237"; on back, lower left: "17849"
Marked in purple ink, on back, lower left, stamped: "MADE IN ENGLAND"
SIgned in graphite, lower right: "Percival Gaskell (underlined)"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | benches | cats | evening | fountains | gardens | genre subject | leisure | mansion | night | Renaissance architecture | shadows | sitting | stairs | standing | trees | twilight | villa | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Tivoli | Villa d'Este
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Percival Gaskell, 1868–1934, British, Villa d'Este: Evening, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.