- The Frontier
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 15/16 x 13 3/4 inches (35.4 x 35 cm), Plate: 12 3/16 x 11 3/4 inches (31 x 29.8 cm), and Image: 12 3/16 x 11 3/4 inches (31 x 29.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "XXV | THE FRONTIER edit 75 - 1926"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "1926"; lower right: "Joseph Gray"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frontier | geology | horses (animals) | landscape | lonely | men | mountains | ridge | rocks (landforms) | traveling | valley
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Joseph Gray, 1890–1962, British, The Frontier, 1926
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.