IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Joseph Gray, 1890–1962, British, The Frontier, 1926
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 15/16 x 13 3/4 inches (35.4 x 35 cm), Plate: 12 3/16 x 11 3/4 inches (31 x 29.8 cm), Image: 12 3/16 x 11 3/4 inches (31 x 29.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "XXV | THE FRONTIER edit 75 - 1926"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "1926"; lower right: "Joseph Gray"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frontier | geology | horses (animals) | landscape | lonely | men | mountains | ridge | rocks (landforms) | traveling | valley
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.