- Additional Title(s):
Cynalopex Corsac, Indian Specimen
- Part Of:
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink and graphite on modeately tick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 × 6 5/8 inches (10.6 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "Cynalopex Corsac? [notes?] Indian Specimen"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "18"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | fox (animal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Corsac Dog-Fox, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.