- Corsac Dog-Fox
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink and graphite on modeately tick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/16 × 6 5/8 inches (10.6 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "Cynalopex Corsac? [notes?] Indian Specimen"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "18"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | fox (animal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Corsac Dog-Fox, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.