Macacus (Maimon) Brachyurus, White Maimon
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and red ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 4 3/8 inches (17.1 × 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "macacus? Brachyurus."; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "21"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "do monkeys have these numbers | they are not the final"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | monkey (animal)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Macacus (Maimon) Brachyurus, White Maimon, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.