- Filley Bearing Marks of Quagga
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 × 6 7/16 inches (10.2 × 16.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Filley 2nd issue | of brood mare & | first by black Arab | stallion."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "from picture by | [...] in Surgeons College | London"; inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "engraved"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Filley Bearing Marks of Quagga, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.