- Villous Horse, Primeval White Stock
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 × 6 7/16 inches (10.2 × 16.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Kirghaize | Mountain race | from life"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "engraved"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Villous Horse, Primeval White Stock, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.