Bedouin Grayhound of Akkaba
- Additional Title(s):
Canis Familiaris, Bedouin Greyhound of Akkaba
- Part Of:
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, black ink and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 6 5/8 inches (9.8 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left; "Canis Familiaris | Bedouin Greyhound | of Akkaba"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dog (animal) | greyhound
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Bedouin Grayhound of Akkaba, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.