- Naked Hyaena of the Deserts of Nubia
- ca. 1837
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, smooth, white, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 6 11/16 inches (9.8 × 17 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Hyaena Vulgaris | Naked Hyaena of the desert"; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "93"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "chs", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Naked Hyaena of the Deserts of Nubia, ca. 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.